The Elizabeth House
If you are pregnant, age 18 or over, and looking for a safe place for a new start, First Care Clinic’s residential maternity and parenting program, The Elizabeth House, could help you.
The Elizabeth House provides a safe and secure environment for mothers to become emotionally healthy and self-sufficient.
Our goal-oriented program will equip you to:
- Set and reach your personal goals
- Secure employment and housing
- Manage money
- Learn effective parenting skills or make an adoption plan
- Achieve physical well-being, emotional healing, and spiritual growth
What You Will Learn
Along the way, you will learn about:
- Pregnancy and Infant Care
- Parenting Toddlers & Beyond – Learn how to maintain your physical and emotional health and ways to promote your baby’s overall development through daily care routines, toys and books, and building a trusting relationship. Meet with a case manager each week and learn what to look for in developmental milestones.
- Personal Finance – Learn how to make a budget, balance a checkbook, and make your dollars stretch by understanding the difference between wants and needs.
- Healthy Relationships – Learn how to have healthy positive relationships and establish boundaries for yourself.
- Household management
- Nutrition – Learn how to make healthy balanced meals for yourself and your child and how to make mealtime fun for your growing baby.
If you think our maternity home would be a good fit for you, please reach out to us. We would be happy to do what we can to help.
You can also find additional information here: https://www.elizabethhousedane.org/.