- How does pregnancy begin?
- When does implantation happen?
- When does the heart start to beat?
There are many things you want to know before making a decision about your pregnancy. It is important to understand some basics about fetal development.
- Usually, around two weeks after the first day of a woman’s menstrual period, she releases an egg from one of her ovaries.
- If a woman has sex around the time of ovulation, conception – also known as fertilization – may happen.
- On day one, when fertilization occurs, the genetic information for every detail of the newly created life — the color of the hair and eyes, the fingerprints, the physical appearance, the gender, the height, and the skin tone — have been determined. Nothing will be added or taken away from this genetic information for the life-span of the individual.
- The embryo begins to implant in the lining of the uterus on about day six.
- Just 21 days after conception the embryo’s heart begins to beat.
First Care Clinic has peer advocates and nurses who can help you learn about your current stage of pregnancy during your appointment.
Our classes are free of charge, and those who attend will earn vouchers which can be used in our Beginnings Boutique to acquire needed maternity, baby and personal items.
If you would like to learn more about our education program or enroll in a class, contact us. We will get in touch with you shortly so you can begin to learn more.