So you think she might be pregnant?
Guys, we’re here to support you, too. Here’s some quick advice that may benefit you through your partner’s unplanned pregnancy.
- Listen. She’s scared and unsure of what the future holds. She wants to be able to trust you with those emotions, so spend time just listening to her.
- Stay calm. You’re probably scared and unsure too. This is normal.
- Talk about it. Not only with each other but with parents and others you trust. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress. We have a man on staff who is able to listen and answer questions. Text to talk to him.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express your feelings in a constructive way. Be sure she knows she is not alone.
- Don’t bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don’t forget. You are important in this decision. Your opinion and voice matter.
First Care Clinic Help for Men
- Mentoring – Meet one-on-one with an experienced dad who will listen and help you think through fatherhood.
- Being Dad – a program designed to help men step into the role of fatherhood with confidence.
- Pregnancy and Parenting Education for Men – Information on pregnancy and parenting. You choose the lessons. You reap the reward: Vouchers which can be used in our Beginnings Boutique to acquire needed personal, maternity and baby items.
- Childbirth Education Classes for Men – Learn about labor, delivery, and newborn care from a trained childbirth educator. Those who attend earn vouchers which can be used in our Beginnings Boutique.
- Abortion Recovery Support – Men, like women, may suffer a profound sense of loss following an abortion.
Like all services First Care Clinic provides, programs for men are free of charge and confidential. If you would like to learn more about the programs we have to support men with pregnant partners, reach out to us today. You can text DAD to 658-259-1605 or give us a call at the same number. We look forward to hearing from you.